Sunday 1 July 2012

Challenge # 12 - "Up, Up and Away"

Ah . . .  July, the height of summer, long, lazy days of warmth, ice lollies, BBQ's, flip flops, sandcastles and paddling pools . . . so how come I'm pulling on my wellies and waterproofs to go food shopping this morning???

As I write this there are large areas of the North West under water, a month's rain has fallen in 24 hours and folks have been left contemplating the damage the flood waters have caused.  My heart goes out to them, it must be devastating, my home is very important to me and I know how I would feel.

I may be getting old but I remember summer's past as a child which seemed so sunny and endless. Blissful, precious days.

I remember packing sandwiches and a bottles of pop onto the back of our bikes and me and my younger sister  would disappear "exploring" all day and we would only return home when we got hungry again . . . oh happy days!!!  This was our summer every year and it was heaven.

Anyway . . . back to the present . . . the DT and me have been so pleased and excited really about the number of entries we had last month.  We're so glad that so many people are enjoying joining in.

Before I introduce the challenge theme for July, it's my pleasure to name the winner of the last challenge "One for the Boys" as selected by Random.org [our guilt free employee].


Number 35, that's you Tanya, well done hunny, your card was adorable


Please contact me at apassion4paper@gmail.com and I will put you in touch with Sally, our Deputy Co-ordinator and she will arrange for you to get your wonderful prize.

Now onto the next challenge . . .

"Up, Up and Away"

We would like to see your creations featuring something which flies but remember also that the main image MUST be a bear . . . so it could be a bear flying a kite, or in a plane, or in a hot air balloon . . . you get the idea.  

It can be for any occasion, any sentiment and also it doesn't have to be a card, it could be a tag, an ATC, a box, a picture frame anything as long as it features a bear and it is based on paper-crafting.



MeiFlower Crafts was set up by 'Mei' as a result of her creative flair and passion for anything creative.
'I've been card making for 7 years now and absolutely love it! 
I actually have a degree in Product Design and Development which has come in handy for designing and developing new products. I like to go for unusual stuff which looks fabulous on cards. 

Apart from card making I also do a lot of gardening (keeps me quiet, lol!) . I absolutely love flower arranging and go to a flower arranging group once a week. It’s nice to do some flower arranging designs, gives me a break from the normal every day routine. That’s where the name MeiFlower came from!
' - Mei

A very generous goody bag is up for grabs . . . who wouldn't want to win this one????



Here's what the marvellous DT created . . . 











Now it's over to you, we can't wait to see what you come up with.

Click on the Blue Frog linky below to complete your entry and please leave a comment, we love to hear from you.   Good luck!!!

Warmest wishes,

 Photobucket

1 comment :

Chrissy said...

YAY!! made it...finding a flying Bear was not easy...great challenge and gorgeous DT cards...and look at all those Bears soaring...I can't have looked very well...lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx